Here are some of the key highlights and innovations for the IRONMAN “40 Years of Dreams” coverage:
- Through Friday, October 12, IRONMAN is bringing a global audience to the Island of Hawai`i. IRONMAN Now will be on Facebook Watch live daily at 2:00pm ET, providing a front row seat to the week of festivities and celebrations, as well as a behind the scenes access to the preparation of the athletes on the island. Athletes and Legends will be joining IRONMAN Now co-hosts Greg Welsh and Michael Lovato live from Kailua Bay.
- Fans across the world will not miss one minute of the 2018 IRONMAN World Championship brought you by Amazon with almost 20 hours of live coverage on IRONMAN now, our Facebook Watch channel, from Body Marking preparation (10:40am-11:40am ET) to the Final Hour Finish Line Party (5:20am-6:20am ET).
- Comprehensive live coverage of the professional race will begin at 12:30 pm ET globally on IRONMANnow at www.facebook.com/IRONMANnow, capturing every aspect of the race. Paula Newby-Fraser, 8x IRONMAN World Champion, will join IRONMAN World Champion Greg Welch, 3x IRONMAN Champion Michael Lovato and IRONMAN Europe Commentator Paul Kaye as hosts of the world-class coverage.
- The IRONMAN World Championship brought to you by Amazon will be broadcast in the USA through the various platforms of NBC Sports, including the live start of the race on NBCSN on Saturday, October 13 from 12:30-2:00pm ET, with live reports airing on NBC and NBCSN throughout race day and live race coverage on nbcsports.com. One hour highlight shows of the event will air on NBCSN at 12:00am and 1:00pm on Sunday, October 14.
- Producing this year’s event is Amaury Sport Organisation (A.S.O.), a best-in-class television production company that is highly experienced in live coverage of endurance sports events such as the Tour de France to audiences around the world. The live-action will include more cameras than ever before and aerial imagery that will put viewers into the heart of the race, showcasing the amazing beauty and grueling conditions that the island of Hawai`i is known for.
- For live tracking, real-time results and instant tracking notifications, fans can follow both professional and age-group athletes on the IRONMAN Tracker app, available for download from iTunes App Store and Google Play.
- In addition, NBC will air the Emmy Award Winning broadcast special of the 2018 IRONMAN World Championship brought to you by Amazon on Saturday, November 24, from 2:30-4:00pm ET.
Visit ironman.com throughout race week for galleries, previews, results recaps and more.
*Other names and brands may be claimed as the property of others.
© 2018 Summit Outdoor Group LLC. All Rights Reserved